Technology and efficiency serving innovation
The coordinated management of workshop and composite department is one of the main strengths at ERF.
Thanks to the professionalism, the competence and the management skills of the project managers, each step of the project is monitored in every detail by one single technical reference contact, playing an essential key role as coordinator and supervisor of the whole manufacturing process within the factory departments to achieve the complete fulfilment of the customer’s technical requests.
Performing all manufacturing processes in house, ERF is the perfect partner for any multisector project.
ERF engineering department, always forward looking to new technologies in the field, is involved in the data development and the definition of the milling processes for the CNC milling machines in the workshop.
ERF engineering department consists of:
- 9 workstations for CATIA V5 R21-R24
- 4 workstations for WORKNC
- 2 workstations for COMPOSITE CATIA
ERF workshop is equipped with 3-axis and 5-axis CNC milling machines to perform complex and precise millling processes on tools and parts of any dimensions.
Since 1986 – when the first CNC milling machine was acquired – till today, the matured know-how and the applied technologies have always led ERF to achieve highest quality results.
BRETON NC 800 2TStroke: 2000 x 1600 x 800 Software: Fidia C1 Axis 5 Accuracy: + 0,02mm Year: 1999
BRETON MATRIX 800Stroke: 2000 x 2500 x 800 Software: Fidia C1 Axis 5 Accuracy: + 0,02mm Year: 2002
BRETON MATRIX 800 K25Stroke: 1700 x 2500 x 800 Software: Fidia C1 Axis 5 Accuracy: + 0,02mm Year: 2007
MECOF SPEEDMILLStroke: 6000 x 1500 x 2500 Software: Fidia CNC30 Axis 5 Accuracy: + 0,02mm Year: 1995
MECOF DGT 2000Stroke: 8000 x 1250 x 2500 Software: Fidia CNC20 Axis 5 Accuracy: + 0,02mm Year: 1993
FPT RONIN M100Stroke: 10000 x 1500 x 2500 Software: Fidia C1 Axis 5 Accuracy: + 0,02mm Year: 2009
FIL FCM 4000Stroke: 6300 x 2500 x 1800mm Software: Metrolog XG Axis 3 Accuracy: 7 + 7 µm Year: 1999
ERF composite department offers advanced know-how in the composite lamination thanks to the qualified professionalism and experience of ERF composite technical team and the high
technology equipment applied.
ERF is always involved in new challenging experimentations with modern materials and avantgarde techniques to be the first to answer any technical request in advance.
ERF composite department consists of:
- 2 refrigerating rooms at -18°C,storage volume 22 m³ each
- 1 refrigerating room at -4°C, storage volume 5 m³
- 1 refrigerating container at -18°C, storage volume 40 m³
Automatic cutting machine Lectra Vector FxComposite
Automatic cutting machine Lectra Vector TechTex iX
- movable tape
- fixed or vibrating blade
- cutting width up to 70” for roll length
- 1 clean room class 5000, surface 200 sqm
- 1 clean room class 50000, surface 150 sqm
- 1 clean room class 100000, surface 500 sqm
- simultaneous projection on max 4 workstations within max projection area of 5 m x 5 m, at operator height (900 mm from floor)
- single projection accuracy: + 0.1 mm
- multicolor (red, green, yellow)
- simultaneous projection on max 4 workstations within max projection area of 4,2 m x 4 m, at operator height (900 mm from floor)
- single projection accuracy: + 0.38 mm
- multiple projection accuracy at max working load: + 1.0 mm
- computerized control of temperature and pressure
- programmable automatic bag ventilation
- non-stop recording of inner temperature, pressure, local temperature and vacuum value of each vacuum bag
- nitrose pressure
- history record of machine processes and alarms
- inner dimensions 1000 x 1000 x 1000 mm
- computerized postcure cycle with paper recording
- max temperature 350°C
ERF finishing department takes care of all finishing processes on tools and parts in composite and metal to optimize the final product before the delivery to the customer.
ERF finishing department consists of:
- 4 workstations equipped for the metal finishing processes (polishing of parts in aluminium and steel, ureol and rohacell tables assembly) and for the composite finishing processes (trimming, contour, polishing and assembly of carbon parts)
- 3 workstations with dust suction system
- oven booth (dimensions 2,6 x 4,5 m, max temp 70°C)
- deburring booth (dimensions 5,5 x 4,5 m)
- deburring booth (dimensions 5 x 4 m)
- painting booth (dimensions 10 x 5 m, access by crane if required)
ERF testing lab is equipped with the most sophisticated testing machines to guarantee accurate and precise dimensional inspection results on any kind of tools and parts before the delivery to the customer. Through the final processes of CMM dimensional quality inspection and visual analysis ERF Quality team guarantees that all manufactured products fulfill and satisfy the quality and tolerance requests in the technical specification manual of each project.
ERF testing lab consists of: